Let the SUNSHINE in!
God never ceases to amaze! Just when I thought the only person who read my blog was my mother, I was honored (and wee bit shocked) that my blog was nominated for the Sunshine Award.
Lest you think this award is second only to a Warwick Prize for Writing, the Sunshine Blog Award is passed on by bloggers to other bloggers who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere” and I am honored to have been nominated by fellow blogger Gloria Laudes (cool name, huh?) over at A Life Dedicated to Prayer.
Here are the "rules" for acceptance of this award:
1. Use the award logo in the post.
2. Link to whoever nominated you.
3. Write 10 pieces of information about yourself.
4. Nominate fellow bloggers who Nominate ten fellow bloggers "who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere."
5. Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
OK, so on to ten things about me. Grab your coffee, so you don't fall asleep at this part… or your wine, so you at least enjoy your time reading!
1. When I was six years old I wanted to change my name to Jeanie because I figured with the name change would come the super powers and the cool pink sofas enclosed in a bottle.
2. I took German in high school and to this day I can still recite the Our Father and the Hail Mary in the tongue of the people of Deutschland. I can also sing all the words to 99 Luftballons.
3. Since we are talking about singing, last month I stood in Independence Hall and sang "The Preamble to the Constitution" for my friend Patti Jannuzzi, one re-creationist dressed as Ben Franklin and a slew of passerby's wondering if I had engaged in one too many Sam Adams at the City Tavern. (Truth be told, I had not… I had just been raised on School House Rocks.)
4. I played volleyball and basketball in college, and once googled my name and saw that I still hold a record for blocking in volleyball at the school. Wild!
5. My grandma and her sister married my grandpa and his brother, so I grew up with my third cousins being like my first cousins. One big funny Irish-German family. (To clear up any confusion, there was no inbreeding, just two sisters marrying two brothers.)
6. My plan since I was a little girl was to work in the medical field, which I did for 20 years until the Lord decided He had a plan for my life, and my heart was lit on fire for Christ and my life changed through a bible study my friend Nicole signed me up for…. much to my chagrin!
7. I love to cook and have been part of various gourmet clubs, yet even with my pompous tastebuds I find a bag of Bugles and a can of squirt cheese makes for a tasty snack. (There ya go. Now you know what goes in the open cornucopia shaped corn concoction…. cheese with the shelf life of 100 years!)
8. Speaking of corn, I studied —and I mean intently studied corn— in college. My major focused on genetics and my thesis was: The Endoreduplication Cell Cycle in the Endosperm Tissue of Maze.
9. I think if something is funny once, it's always funny. There are days I can think of something funny a friend said years ago and literally lay in bed and laugh myself to sleep.
10. I am aware that this blog title dates me a wee bit. (Actually, the song was hit on the top ten the year I was born.)
And my nominees are… and I REALLY read them all….